Sunday 19 October 2008

Sometimes I Just Can't Be Fucked With It

This morning is not a good morning.
Last night was not a a good night.

Yesterday. Lets start there shall we.
I basically worked a 12 hour shift. Had an hour break. It was rather quiet during the day. Sarah and I made use of the time, dusting, polishing, cleaning. My boss was at football and the landlord was in the office. We did well that day. But then, my boss came back. No sooner had he come out on the bar, he gave us jobs to do. Yep, ok we'll do them. Myself and Sam were working our arses off all through the night! And yet somehow during the night, my boss managed to find time to stand there and watch the band and chat to people, the landlord was drinking his own bloody stock of ale while Sam and I were holding the damn bar down ourselves!! The band were shit because their lead singer was pissed up and could more than likely have been wheeled out in a wheelbarrow quite happily but it didn't help that his daughter, yes his daughter, was giving him double shots of vodka WHILE HE'S ON STAGE!!!! I can tell you now that our pub lost some respect through that band.
Anyway, you may be somewhat confused as to why I'm so fucked off about my boss and landlord loitering and drinking behind the bar. Well, our landlord had a go at Sam for pouring some cola for herself. YET HE'S DRINKING THE FUCKING ALE!!! I don't give a shit if he's the fucking landlord!! If we can't even drink a softdrink behind the bar, he shouldn't be fucking drinking the ale should he!!!
And then my boss, he's got some motto of his that he believes in and uses for the business. Can't remember what it is exactly but it basically means that if you look busy, then it will be busy. Plus it makes time go by quicker. Anyway, I also have my own motto. Now, read closely into this:
PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH
ELSE DONT PREACH IT AT ALL
you fuck.
Argh!!! Thats what gets me the most!!! He tells us to keep busy and whatnot then when it is busy and there's LOTS he can do, he fucking stands there and watches that fucking band!!!! Yes you're allowed to watch the band your hiring for a short period of time but you've got a fucking job to do to help us out!! If not, then get over the other side of the bar and GET OUT OF OUR WAY SO WE CAN DO OUR FUCKING JOB!!!
And while I'm on a rant-of-a-whale (not time, a fucking whale cos its that fucking big) my boss keeps telling me that I'll be manager soon. Or whatever time. And I'm starting to realise that he's all talk and not much else. At first it was, when I start the NVQ, then it was, at the end of summer, now it's, when I finish the NVQ. FOR FUCK SAKE!!!! Why not just say, sometime next year. Christ I didn't expect it all straight away, its my first bar job, I aint gonna be amazing the first time round. Argh!!
You know what, fuck you. I'm going to do this bar tender course, so I can move on to the cocktails and the flair courses and advance myself. Yea I know I probably won't use it work. But I don't care. It's something I WANT to do. Not for you. For ME!! And what if I move abroad or something, I'll be able to find a job in a flash because I'll have the qualifications!!
So you're frightened that I'll leave and go somewhere else. Well I am. At some point in the future. May not be for another year but I aint fucking staying there for 7 years or something!! What if I move? That place is going to be unaccessible to me. Or if I get offered something better? Then it's only common sense that I take the opportunity to get better, improve and get better pay!

OH AND I DONT APPRECIATE HAVING 3 HOURS MISSING FROM MY PAY!!
Fucking cheap bastards.

And I don't care if you hate me after this. If you can't take the truth about how we feel then you shouldn't fucking read it in the first place.

No comments: