Wednesday 19 March 2008

Don't Say I Love You

I know you don't mean any harm. But please, don't say it. All your doing is hurting me.

Others have said exactly what you're saying. They said I was their everything. They said they would die without me. They said "I love you". Now I am nothing to them. They're perfectly fine without me. And those three words do nothing but cause a pain in my chest. Maybe it was just my bad luck that I didn't meet you first. And maybe your bad luck that your the last.

I've had enough of being told I am so much when I'm not. I've had enough of trusting someone with my heart, only to have it smashed into pieces. I don't want to do it again.

I'm taking it slow. I'm doing what I want to do. I'm making myself happy first.

Don't tell me you love me.
You only make me hurt.

I never thought I'd see the day when the three most amazing words in the world . . . are the ones that hurt the most. Now I understand when they say love hurts.

No comments: