Tuesday 20 May 2008

Sweeney Todd + Dragons

Well where do I start.

My dragons - Barker is ill. The black crickets I bought last time have given him an upset tummy. He crapped on my hand yesterday morning. Dear god it was worse than changing a baby's nappy at the worst of times! I haven't had him out since just incase. He's quite constipated due to the crickets being a little too big for him. Tomorrow he should be all clear but I'm still concerned as he's spent nearly all of the day under the heat lamp which suggests he's having trouble digesting. Mrs Lovett is showing signs that she may very well be - a He! There are bumps under the back legs which look suspiciously like the scent pores on a male. I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty damn close. Barker is still too young to tell. Give it another couple of weeks and both of them may very well be sexed. In other words, I'll know the gender. Not them mating. They don't mate until they're 2 years old. Yes I've done my research.

Sweeney Todd - Best film ever!! Actually made me cry today as I had to watch everything involving Johanna which I normally skip cos I just wanna see and sing to the good songs! I have also decided that for Halloween this year, I will be dressing up as Mrs Lovett. Costume, hair and make up too. I'm going the whole way! Whats even better is that it's a Friday night so I will more than likely be working! Also to add to the costume, I will have a fake razor down my corset. Hehe! I have already started looking for some costumes tho I think I will have to resort to a victorian style dress from the Antiques (antics) in New Milton. I'm also getting Jess to do my hair in the exact same style and hopefully get Jason to do my make up, or at least give me some stuff that will do what I need! I'm already looking forward to it!

Tattoo - I've managed to do my final design however it's not quite finished. The twined tail needs to be longer as Rob marked where my trousers were and not where the bottom of my spine is (silly man! Love you really =D ) so I'm going to change that on Friday before I go to work that night. Next I will be sending it to Jason, he will be air brushing it onto my back to make sure that everything is right and to do any more adjustments to it as needed. Finally it will then be sent to the tattooist - The Illustrated Man. He is the only guy who can do gradient art work as he is an artist himself! And because he and my godfather are good friends, he will more than likely do this for me! It's going to cost approx £600 (due to gradient work) and maybe more if I add colour (may do inside the heart). May take approx 10 hours of work, requiring 2 sessions (of 5 hours or more) so basically be there for 2 days. It's going to be fooking amazing when I get it done!! Really can't wait!



However, on that note, I'm wondering if I'm taking on too much at once. Money wise. I need to save up for this holiday in September. I need to put money in the bank and on top of that I still need to pay my mum. And amongst all that, I need money to look after my dragons, I want to save money for my tattoo, save for this holiday, save for mine and Jess's 21st holiday/birthday bash, can I really do it? I get paid £180 odd a week for 34 hours. £20 goes to tax and £100 goes to my mum. If I don't pay the £100 then I have to pay at least £30 for rent but there's only so many payments I can miss. £10 of whats left goes towards my dragons. £20 a month for credit. £10 on my card and what does that leave me? Approx £20 a week is left for me! £40 if I don't have to top up. So still leaves me with £20 to put away 3 out of 4 weeks of the month. And where does that go? Well I don't know. I want to put it away for my tattoo. But my priorities is for the holiday first.

And here in lies the arguement within my head. . .

My tattoo is more important to me (as much as I hate to say it but I know its true, I'm not going to lie about it).
The holiday is on a fixed date (so I can't push it back or anything where as I can the tattoo)
It's with Rob!! (the holiday that is - so it's going to be amazing!)
My tattoo is a part of me and the sooner I get it the better

This is where it just keeps going round in bloody circles! By rights the holiday wins as its a fixed date and can't be pushed back where as my tattoo can be done whenever. If I could get the tattoo done for free tomorrow and get it done right then I'd miss work for it! I wouldn't care, I'd do it! I'd do anything to get it done! But I must stick to my priorities.


And finally, onto the best events of my psychotic and neurotic life! My other half - Rob! I am so incredibly happy in my life because of him. I have a best mate, she has a boyfriend who I get along with really well, I'm on good terms with my parents, I have my own pets who I love and adore (according to my zodiac, I love my pets more than I do family members!), I have a job I love and the only thing that was missing was someone who loved me and treated me right. That was until he came along! My heart was missing a hole and he's filled it up nicely. Infact my life is currently over flowing with happiness and nothing can bring me down. I've never had so much going for me at any one time. Every morning I awake with a smile and wonder what the day holds for me and what is going to make me laugh the most. My nicknames at work are the following: Angel, Smiler, Gorgeous, Princess, Drummer Girl. That last one makes me smile the most. For obvious reasons! And for some reason, Mr Earwicker (a regular and an old man who my mum knows!) seems to think my name is Louise. I've corrected him before but it doesn't seem to stick so I haven't bothered anymore!

Anyway, I could go on about how awesome my life is but I fear some people may get a little bit envious! And start pranking me just to bring some sort of annoyance to my day (hahahahahahaha!! You foolish girl. I know who you are Fraggle. Or should I call you - Becks Alsford. Busted much? HAHA!) And to leave with a smile, I've posted the most funniest photo, I have seen for days! I'm sorry Jess, it just had to be done!!
And just so you dont get all huffy and annoyed with me I will post a stupid one of both of us so we're even!
And on that disaster of a photo - I leave you with todays anecdote of insanity. And oh what pure insanity it is!

Written while listening to:
Devildriver
3 Doors Down
The Subways
Wumpscut

No comments: