Monday 23 June 2008

Can't Wish It All Away

In my shell of a body
I am alive
Through the empty eyes
You can see my soul
In my own mind
I need rescuing
I am just a little girl
Entwined in a thorn bush
That is my pain
That is my hate
And every move I make
Just becomes hurt
As the pricks pierce my skin
So I'll stand still
Thorns entangled in my hair
Fear binds me here
I am too afraid to cry
Do you hear me breathe?
Your voice brings comfort
Your touch heals me
This thorn bush dies
I can finally break a smile
I try to walk
I try to talk
But my legs give way
My voice just croaks
Cover me in your cloak
Wrap me in your arms
Feel my heart beat hard
I could stare into your eyes
Your beautiful blue eyes
And feel everything lift from my chest
Suddenly then collapse
For I can finally rest
Free from the pain
The worry and the hate
All that kept me awake
Drove me into that critical state
You are the air I breathe
The blue sky I see
The peace I feel
What burns in you now burns in me
A fire of passion
An inferno of love
You are what life is about
And you are mine
Just as I am yours
And on my dying day
I will have a smile
That same smile
That one and only smile
That I made
The day you came to me
As my soul sores above
I'll never forget that day
How I felt when I fell in love
With the fire in your eyes
And even as you cry
Your face still makes me smile
You will always be mine
And when you join me in heaven
We can hold hands again
I'll be lost in your eyes
You'll be lost in my smile
And with that we'll fade away
Together for another day
Until the end of time
We will always have that fire inside
We'll be the fire of the stars
The glisten in their hearts
And for all eternity
We are one

No comments: